Dyson’s DC39–Not Just Another Pretty Face
DISCLOSURE: Dyson sent me their vacuum to try–free of charge. And I get to keep it. This review represents my honest and personal experience and opinion. This review in no way represents the opinions or views of my employer, P&G Pet Care.
OK, either it’s a work of art or it reminds you of one of those monsters out of a science fiction movie. Personally, I think it leans more towards art than alien, and I LOVE IT!
I’ve always wanted a Dyson vacuum, because word of mouth has always been good. In fact, a friend of mine who has a multiple dog home told me a couple months ago that once she got her Dyson it was like having brand new carpeting. Yep. She was right.
The little beauty that the nice Dyson folks sent for me to try is their new DC 39 Animal. It’s a canister vacuum designed to be easier to navigate around furniture and obstacles. And it has that incredible Radial Root Cyclone™ technology that sucks up more dust than anybody else.
So I gave it a little test.
After using the Dyson, it was like having a brand new rug–I could hardly believe how much dust my old vacuum had left behind!! And pulling out that dust made a visual difference in the rug.
This test was so successful, I was inspired to vacuum the entire house! And this was good because it helped me to get an even better understanding of this lovely Animal:
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE
- It’s plastic, so it might be easy to break.
- The instructions were pictures-only, not detailed enough.
- The hose is a little ungainly and sometimes hard to manage.
- When finished, trying to hook the hose wand to the slot on the body of the canister was impossible.
- The price.
WHAT I LIKED
- The trigger on the handle for decreasing suction–FABULOUS for my bedroom floor which is covered in light-weight rugs.
- It’s so QUIET!
- It has a really long power cord–I did the entire house and only had to replug once.
- The floor attachment has a power brush that is easily controlled through the handle of the hose wand.
- Great suction.
- Really easy to dump the dirt and dust from the bin.
- NO BAGS!!
This is an excellent vacuum for someone with lots of dog hair or even cat dander to pick up. It’s efficient, easy to use, and easy to clean. I LOVE this vacuum! But at $499.99 it’s a little outside of my price range.